Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Help


Some of the med student wives have started a book club. I had the privileged of picking the first book. I chose The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I loved the book!! I didn't actually read it; I listened to it instead. I would definitely suggest the audio version because it will make you want to talk in a deep southern accent after listening to it. We had book club early Sat. morning on the 21st. Despite the fact that it was 9 in the morning, I couldn't resist making "Minny's Chocolate Pie - minus her special ingredient." Everyone who has read the book will get the joke. I also made some blueberry muffins for those who couldn't stomach a piece of pie so early in the morning.

7 comments:

Meg said...

I LOVED that book. Did anyone dare eat the pie? I love your whole setup with your silver out and everything.

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elisabeth said...

I love your blog's new look! Also, it looks like you guys are having tons of fun! I'm so glad that we get to hear about it!

Liz Jessop Wortley said...

Hi Maren - Don't know if you remember me (Liz Jessop), but I went to Woods Cross a year behind you and Joseph. Anyway, I happened on your blog today. I just finished The Help this weekend (also on audio book) and LOVED it! Your book club idea with the pie is so clever! Did anyone eat it?

Megan said...

OK so I'm just going to comment on this post because it's the most recent - but thanks for ALL the updates! Man, I think Nicholas is DEFINITELY looking like Nicholas and not a baby. He looks different and so grown up from the last pics. What a sweetie. I am experiencing some major withdrawls from you guys. I hope that we will all be together at Christmas because I really miss you.

PML said...

That is so funny that I checked your blog today. I just finished that book last week. I have to definitely recommend The Ladies Auxilary by Tova Mirvis for your next book club. PERFECT book club book. Worth the $5 to get it on half.com if your library doesn't have it.

Crystal said...

I am excited to read that book! I am in line for it at the library, but I am something like #347 on the list. It might be a while, but if there is chocolate cake in the book, I am sure I will love it!

PS- It is NEVER too early for dessert!