Sunday, August 22, 2010

Date Night at the Rodeo




We took Nicholas to his first rodeo last Friday (the 20th) because we got free tickets through UT Southwestern. Nicholas loved the rodeo. I could barely get him to look at the camera because he was so interested in the horses. When he got bored with the horses he would side shuffle along the benches and visit other people watching the rodeo. This was the first outing that he started to get upset because it was past his bedtime. Usually, he doesn't mind staying up late as long as he has our complete attention. This time he spent a good portion of the drive home crying. If this continues, it is going to put a serious damper on our social life.

Joseph and I enjoyed the rodeo and loved going with our friends Dave and Laura. (Dave is also a 2nd year medical student.) I loved the bull riding and Joseph loved the mutton busting. Mutton busting is when terrified children ride terrified sheep. I have a feeling that Nicholas will get signed up to do this if Joseph can find a way. The arena was nice and air conditioned! (It has been over a hundred for the past three weeks.)

2 comments:

Net said...

Hey! I just found your blog! -- and I'm still laughing over the idea of the Mutton Busting. :) (This is Jeanette, by the way)

Kat & Joe said...

I swear I know that girl Laura from BYU. She was in one of my classes and we would study together. I can't put my finger on it, it was like Child development or something. If she is who I think she is she is super nice. How fun to have friends doing the medical school thing with you.
Kathryn