Sunday, November 29, 2009

This Week's Highlights

Nicholas had his first trip to the zoo and his first ride on the TRE/DART. Dallas Zoo had their dollar day this Tuesday, so Joseph skipped out of Anatomy lab and we hopped on the train. The zoo was larger than the Hogle Zoo with comparable displays. The zoo has the world's experts at raising Saddle-billed storks and they were the first to have a Saddle-billed stork born in captivity. We also loved the Ghost of Bayou exhibit in the reptile house that had some large albino alligators.







We celebrated our three year anniversary this week!! Officially our anniversary was on Sunday, but we decided to celebrate it every year on the day before Thanksgiving because we got married the day before Thanksgiving. Joseph took me out to Bucca de Bepo and then we toured around the North Park mall. This was probably the first mall Joseph actually enjoyed visiting because a large part of the Nasher collection of sculptures is housed throughout the mall. As an anniversary gift, Joseph gave me a movie and he carved our initials and a heart in a stump located in our backyard. (Isn't he sweet and romantic. I'm so lucky!)





On Thursday, we cooked our first turkey and had our first family Thanksgiving. We bought a roasting oven, which made cooking the turkey surprisingly easy. I never knew that they included the neck in the turkey cavity and I had to call my mom in order to find out where the giblet packet was hidden.








On Friday, I convinced Joseph to get up at 4 in the morning. My family loves Black Friday and I have been trying to educate Joseph in the virtues of this day. We hit Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and Babies 'R Us. Joseph got an external CD/DVD reader and a banana chair. I bought a Christmas tree, an electric blanket, and Pyrex bowls. We also picked up a couple of movies.

Other highlights included watching the new Star Trek movie on Monday, teaching gratitude to a class of six 5 year old kids, cutting down another tree in our backyard, finding a great mechanic who replaced our serpentine belt, watching an edited version of Last of the Mohicans at the Grange's house, making Joseph visit three Targets in one day to find a bedspread that was on sale, and watching the Cougars beat the Utes in overtime while enjoying Kathleen's chili.

2 comments:

Christina Muhlestein said...

That is so exciting! You look like you are having tons of fun in Texas! I am so excited to see Nicholas! He is getting SO BIG! I also liked the albino alligator.

Megan said...

I LOOOOOOVE the picture of Nicholas in front of the Thanksgiving plate of food. It just made me laugh out loud.