Saturday, October 26, 2013

Nicholas at 4





Teeth: First trip to the dentist on 10/10.  He was shockingly good.  One of the major reasons I took him was because of his crooked bottom teeth collect plaque and I couldn't get him to cooperate enough to keep them clean.  I asked the dentist for advice on how to clean them.  He took a closer look at them and the x-rays and found out they are fused together.  The teeth have separate roots and came in separately but they grew together.  It will be awesome to see what happens when they fall out.

Height: 41 inches

Favorite Shows: Curious George, Caillou, Magic School Bus

Favorite iPad Games: Space Angry Birds, Star Wars Angry Birds, Cordy, Where's My Water

Favorite Superhero: Iron Man

Favorite Book: Super Power Mix Up

Sleep/Nap Schedule:  He definitely doesn't nap anymore and he is at a state where that is okay.  He has quiet rest time while Lexi naps.  It is in theory a time for him to play by himself down in his room with all his toys.  He thinks that is a sentence worse than death to have to play all by himself, so he usually ends up watching a movie instead so I can have some sanity time.  He goes down great around 8 or 8:30, usually with very minimal fighting.  He does tend to get up in the middle of the night and want a buddy.  He comes up pleading for a snuggle buddy to sleep with.  He just HATES to be alone.

Favorite Activities:  Driving his Power Wheels (especially if someone will be his "copilot"and let him drive them around), playing board games, playing iPad, cooking (he loves being my "little chef"'), playing superhero and saving others, playing with flashlights, and watching Papa play the Lombax game or any video game.

School:  I am in a little preschool co-op with two of my neighbors.  They have boys around the same age as Nicholas and we trade off whose house it is at.  Nicholas loves going every Wednesday.  We just do activities based on the letter of the day for the first hour and then the boys play for the second hour.

Favorite Sayings:
  • Sure do.
  • I need a snuggle. (Come on Mom.  Lets go snuggle.)
  • Fuge (It is a mixture of fat and huge.  He will tell me he needs a fuge marshmallow.)
  • What's for dessert?  (I can't convince him that he shouldn't get dessert every time he eats.) 
  • I'm four.  (He has been telling everyone he meets this important information!)
  • We are ______ buddies.  (I have been his napping buddy, cough buddy, snuggle buddy, etc.)
  • Let me look at the constructions.  (He confuses the words constructions and instructions.)
  • I just need a buddy.  It just is no fun to play alone.
  • I'll be right back.  Don't let Lexi take my stuff. 
  • I just love being your little chef.
  • This is a catastrophe.  (Learned this from Donald Duck.  He usually hits his forehead with his hand when he says it.)



2 comments:

Jillums said...

Your kids are so cute! Love the updates!

Jillums said...

Your kids are so cute! Love the updates!