Sunday, July 15, 2012

Like Father, Like Son

Nicholas is such a smooth talker.  I have received the following compliments this week:

"Mom, I like your hair.  It is not wet."
"Mom, I like your eyes.  They are very open."
"Mom, I like you.  You are very big.  I'm so glad you're big."

Of course, he also pulls out his favorites.  These tend to get him what he wants.

"Mom, I love you sooooo much!!!"
"Mom, we are best friends."
"Will you play with me?  Please! Please! Please!"
"Mom.  I just neeeed you!"

Nicholas has stopped taking naps most days.  This smooth talker pops out of his room and always has an excuse.

"But Mom, I just want to do good things."
"Is it play time yet?"
"Mom, I missed you."



2 comments:

PML said...

Oohh, the dreaded "no nap" phase. I have tried to many things to get them to sleep. The best trick worked with Kallie. She skipped the toddler bed and went to a twin. We'd read books on her bed until she fell asleep. It didn't take long! Good luck! He sure is a cute little boy. I love all his quotes. Keep them coming!

Elisabeth said...

My favorite part was hands down the "I just want to do good things" excuse for not napping!