Sunday, July 8, 2012

Highlights of the Week

I'm glad this week is over.  Joseph has been gone.  Lexi has been cranky, needy, and DIFFICULT to get to sleep.  Nicholas has been Nicholas.  I have had a kid with me round the clock to keep me company.  I'm really looking forward to Aunt Mary's visit.  We are counting the days!!!  I am one burnt out Mama!  I don't mind being Mama.   I just  need a break from being a full time playmate to a two year old!!

 We visited Nichols Park and played in the sandbox.




 We made snake bubbles.  This was really a lot of fun and super easy to do.  It entertained Nicholas for a whole hour.


Nicholas and I made cupcakes for the USA's birthday and gave them to our neighbors.


We didn't go to any fireworks because Joseph was working.  Maybe next year.

Pedicure is Nicholas' new favorite game. Anything to keep him entertained!!  I let him pick the fingernail polish to do his toes.  He chose Raspberry sparkles.  His sparkle toes help him run faster and jump higher.  I told Joseph it is a good thing too, because when the other boys come to beat him up he better be able to get away fast!!

Lexi's new hobby is picking carpet strands out of our carpet and then trying to eat them. She then chokes and empties the entire contents of her stomach on to my floor and then cries.  I don't love this new game.  

Lexi crawled today for the first time!!!  She is now really good at sitting up all by herself.  She isn't a baby anymore and that makes me sad.

Best Nicholas Story of the Week:  Nicholas always has a hard time going to bed.  He comes out once or twice after we put him to bed.  We put a bunch of glow-in-the-dark planets, dinosaurs, and stars up on his ceiling to give him something to look at as he falls asleep.  He was laying in bed looking up at his ceiling and trying to create an appropriate story/reason why he needs to get up.  This week he came up with the following:  "Mom.  A dinosaur almost came down and fell on my head, but it didn't.  Then it did its potties and its potties almost fell down on my head and that is my story."  This story bought him five extra minutes up and a drink.

Today as I was putting him down for his nap, Nicholas suddenly left the room in the middle of our story.  I yelled, "Hey, where are you going?"  He yelled back, "I just need to go.  I'll be right back."  I waited like three minutes for him and then went to get him.  I found him ridding our exercise bike with his fireman hat on.  He looked so shocked when he saw me.  He told me, "Mom.  What are you doing in here?  You were suppose to be waiting for me in my puppy bed?"  He looked completely surprised that I had disobeyed his orders.

Nicholas is really smart.  The other day he told me, "Lexi spit up there on her left knee."  He was completely right.  The only time I really question his intelligence is that he answers EVERY single question at the end of Diego wrong.  I don't know if he thinks it is funny or what.










1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

That story about you not waiting for him on his puppy bed made my whole day!