Friday, May 11, 2012

Lexi at 6 months

Weight: 19 lbs 13 oz  (96%)
Height: 27 inches (85%)
Head Circumference: 17 inches (67%)


Lexi is such a wonderful, happy, sweet, smiley, patient, and even tempered baby.  She is such a blessing!!!  I don't know how I would be handling this stage of life if she wasn't such a GREAT baby.  Yesterday, Nicholas landed on her and she just laughed.  What 6 month old kid does that???  She doesn't require a set schedule.  She will nap on the go and is happy to just be in the same room where the action is going on.  She loves anyone who gives her the least bit of attention.  She is the greatest little friend.  I hate it when I have to leave her because I am enjoying this stage she is in so much.  My only complaints right now are the blow outs, the fact that she stays up until 11 or 12 at night, and that when she starts to get unhappy she will make very loud and very unlady like grunting noise.  (She had half or Relief Society laughing last week with her funny noises.)

Sleep Schedule:
  • She usually takes one nap around 10 for about 30 minutes.  Then she takes another nap around 1 for about 2 hours.  (Usually I can get both my kids down for a nap around 1, which is wonderful.)  Then she takes another little 20 minute nap around 7.  She then stays up until 11 or 12 at night.  I don't really mind because she is super happy at night.
Eating:
  • She is still getting the hang of solid foods.  We have only done rice cereal.  She is a good sport about it.  Half goes in and half comes out with each bite.
  • She took two bottles this month!!
Favorite Activities:
  • She loves her toes and is constantly trying to get them in her mouth.  (I gave her a pedicure and the bright colors seemed to catch her interest.)
  • She is happiest in her walker with a few toys on her tray.  She is amazing in the walker.  She can back up and turn around even in our tight hallway.  
  • She loves toys.  Our favorite pass time is watching her try and figure out how to use her hands to get what she wants.
  • She loves singing.
  • She loves little children.  She will sit and watch them and just laugh like a giddy school girl.
  • She loves being thrown in the air and loves kisses on her chubby checks!!  
New Tricks:
  • She learned to roll over this month!!  She hates being on her stomach and will roll onto her back.  I have only seen her roll onto her belly once.
  • She is close to being able to sit up.
  • She LOVES blowing raspberries.
 I started to dream about giving Lexi this perfect little pedicure.  I waited until Nicholas took his nap and then I got to work.  She ended up looking like she had bloody toes.  Oh well!!  Luckily, she got most of it off because she chips it off in the walker.


 I love her little chubby face when it lights up with a smile.

 She LOVES looking outside!  She will wheel herself up to the window and just stare outside as she eats her toys.

One Monday Lexi was super cranky and just wanted to be held.  I had to get some food ready for a party so I turned on a Mickey for her.  She was captivated.  She doesn't watch most TV, but there is something about Mickey that interests her.  She will even stop eating to watch Mickey.

1 comment:

Megan said...

She is so chubby!!! So cute. How do you cart her around?!