Sunday, May 13, 2012

Highlights of the Week

 Nicholas loves my sewing machine.  He will sit on my lap for a whole hour asking which buttons he can push.  My favorite part of our little sewing lesson is that he named the presser foot lever the "airplane button" because it made a loud noise like an airplane and "we must not push it."

 Why I don't attempt to keep my windows clean?

 We planted roses earlier this year and they are actually blooming and adding some color to our yard.  On Tuesday when it was seriously taking 20 minutes to convince Nicholas to get in the car, I decided to stop and smell our roses and take a quick picture.

 Nicholas thinks his bug catcher lid is a camera.  The funniest part is what he says when he takes your picture.  "Okay.  Mom say cheese.  Great.  Now say cheese again.  Okay now look at me and say chocolate pudding.  Great.  That is a really nice picture."  Can you tell he has had his picture taken a couple of times in his life?


 I'm so glad when Papa comes home.  He came home and started giving the kids horsey rides.  They were both giggling so hard.

 Nicholas enjoyed kicking up the dirt.  He kept on saying he was making "smoke."  I couldn't convince him that it was just a cloud of dirt.




 My favorite is this devious look that he give when he is going to spray you or get you.  Those big blue eyes shine the brightest when he is up to some sort of mischief.



 Joseph had Nicholas' fishing pole and was playing around with Lexi.  Her reaction was hilarious as she tried to get the bracelet off her head using her uncoordinated arms.

 I had to capture this moment.  Lexi had been playing on the carpet with some toys.  She got tired and just fell asleep right in the middle of the living room rug.  I am SO LUCKY to have such a good little girl.






 We had our first trip to the splash park.  Nicholas liked getting other people wet more than he liked getting wet.





Nicholas LOVES Bass Pro.  We made his day by going to the "boat store" on Saturday.  He is so happy driving his yellow boat to Monkey Island and pretending to catch gooey fish and hunt for treasure.

My sweet crew right before my Mothers' Day dinner.

Joseph made me teriyaki Beef served on an onion roll and corn on the cob.  He also served fried green beans, squash, zucchini, and mushrooms.  For dessert we had key lime pie and vanilla bean Blue Bell ice cream.  For our drink, we had raspberry lemonade.

Nicholas hanging out in Lexi's chair.  Nicholas calls himself Woody Nicholas.  I am Jessie Mama.  Joseph is Papa Buzz, and Lexi is Slinky.

Nicholas posing by the baby gate Joseph made me for Mother's Day.  I can't express how much I love it.  I'm sorry we didn't build it a year and a half ago!

1 comment:

Joe Cressssss said...

These are Great! It's fun to see your family growing :)