Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mavericks Parade

A few days before I sat for step, we decided would go on an adventure to the Mavericks celebratory parade. The plan was to take Nicholas and Whitney (the little girl Maren babysits) on the train to downtown and find a spot. We ended up waiting in Irving for four different trains that came by before getting on one which came from downtown and then turned around especially for our backlogged station. The route was crazy full, but we found a place only about 7 rows of people back so you could occasionally see something if you jumped. I eventually found a tree with only one person already in it and soon made myself at home and was able to get the Dirk shot when he finally came by. The way back was just as crazy, but we did eventually get back to the train. The exciting points included a fight that broke out behind us and the rush to get Maren and the kids shielded from the brawl. I read later that there was one fight with three arrests at the parade. I don't know if that referenced our fight, but it was exciting none the less. Also, I got off early to go study at the school, and Maren got to fight her way to the door with a double wide stroller all by herself. She decided that was less than ideal. All in all, I don't know if we would do it again with this age group, but it certainly was an adventure and I am glad we went.


2 comments:

Heather said...

Glad you had fun you guys, but now I'm glad I didn't attempt to take the kids! What a crazy day it must have been in downtown D!

Ruth said...

You're brave. I, without any children, refused to go anywhere downtown (definitely not the main event) during the Bruins parade. It sounded fun in theory but when I really thought about the crowds, I opted out. So, I admire your bravery.