Sunday, May 8, 2011

Nicholas at 19 months


Tooth Count: 12

Weight: 29 lbs

If I had to sum up this stage of life in one word, it would be BUSY. He is always on the move and alway investigating/exploring something new. He keeps me on my toes and requires my FULL ATTENTION. If I had to pick another word, it would be CLINGY. Nicholas has a hard time when I leave the room. He is super attached to Mom right now. If I slip out of the room while he is playing with something, I can hear him run around to each of the rooms until he finds me. He will then greet me with a big smile and a "Hi." He does do okay with playing with other people if he knows Mom is not an option. For example, he does well in nursery. During the first few weeks, he had to be held most of the time. Now he is venturing out and playing during nursery.

Words:
  • Barney (Brrrrr)
  • Grandpa
  • Papa
  • Mama
  • All Done
  • More
  • Hammer
  • All Gone
  • Outside
  • Inside
  • Dog
  • Balloon
  • Ball
  • Choo-Choo
  • Car
  • No
  • Bye-Bye
  • Hi
  • Yes
  • YEAH
He is definitely a very opinionated young man. In the past week, he has really started to use, "No" a lot. Sometimes he even says, "No" when he means "Yes."

Favorite Activities:
  • Driving the car
  • Singing into the microphone
  • Grabbing objects off the table (He is tall enough to reach almost anything on our table and counters. We have lost a lot of glasses lately.)
  • Unloading drawers and cupboards
  • Coloring
  • Watching Barney Goes to the Zoo
  • Going outside and to the park
  • Making messes
  • Drawing on the refrigerator
  • Tackling Papa
  • Somersaults
  • Drinking from a big boy cup
  • Watching Choo-Choo trains
  • Dancing/Spinning
  • Smiling at people
  • Going through Papa's toolbox
  • Working at his workbench
  • Helping Mom cook

2 comments:

walkerbunch said...

He's so cute. I can't believe how big he is.

Chelsea Merkley said...

He is getting to be so grown up! I love how cute he is!:")