Thursday, October 14, 2010

FALL in Texas

We have a GIANT tree in our front yard that is dropping all its leaves. This week I have raked up six bags. Every other day, I spend Nicholas' morning nap time raking. This is right before nap time when I shot these pictures. He first started out wary but interested in the leaves. I got a lot of photos like this with him wearing his pajamas....




But generally, he was happy.


That is until, I decided to strip him down to his diaper and photograph him in the leaves. Don't worry, when Joseph sees these pictures he will probably call child protective services on me so you don't have to. What can I say? I think he is too cute to stay all covered up.

At first, Nicholas was in disbelief. He thought I had made a mistake and he expected me to fix it.


Then it degenerated into this....



This is the closest I came to a decent shot. I kept telling him if he would just smile it would all be over soon. He didn't believe me. I wonder if he will grow up with a phobia of leaves?

5 comments:

Heather said...

Esther says, "Hello Sister Muhlestein. Nicolas is sometimes funny and I know my Savior loves me."

Chelsea said...

Oh my goodness I love the photos of him in the leaves, all of them. He is so expressive!! Adorable boy! And he's getting chubby so cute! Miss you Maren and Joseph. Hope to meet Nicholas soon.
Chels

Ruth said...

Super cute. Chubby babies were meant to be enjoyed in all their glory--that's why they put cherubs in churches. :) Too bad Nicholas didn't enjoy it. But he's still super cute. :)

Crystal said...

So cute! I love it! I am so excited to come visit you guys in the spring!

Elisabeth said...

Your kid is so cute! Thanks for taking pictures of him! Also, I really like the video of how you guys entertain yourselves these days! :)