Thursday, March 4, 2010

Picnic in the Park

I wish I could say that I have been bad at posting lately because I've been leading a super exciting life, but I have had quite the opposite problem. This past week has been amazingly boring. Joseph has been studying and Nicholas has been going through a big growth spurt. He has been sleeping as much as he did as a newborn. He no longer naps well when I take him out, so today is the first day I have been out of the house since Sunday. I love being a mom, but sometimes the stay-at-home part of being a stay-at-home mom is hard. Don't get me wrong, life is great but when your big outing for the week is going to the grocery store you start to get a little stir crazy.

The weather hasn't helped much either. When we moved to Texas, I seriously thought I wouldn't have to deal with the cold. Instead, it has been one of their worst winters ever. Things are looking better. It is finally warming up, so Joseph suggested that it would do us both some good to get out of the house and have a picnic. We brought our little grill and had hot dogs and hamburgers. Lately, Joseph has proven himself to be a master griller. We tossed around a frisbee and flew some kites. Near the end, Nicholas threw a little fit because we were cutting into his nap time, but he fell asleep in his stroller when we took a spin around the little lake. It was a fun outing. It was something Joseph and I both desperately needed!!!








On a side note, we can't wait until spring break. We are going down to San Antonio for a few day and then Joseph's parents are hopefully both coming!!!! I can't wait for them to see Nicholas. He is at such a fun stage! I find myself wishing that he would just stop growing and stay at this stage forever. He is so happy (as long as he is well rested and fed) and so snuggly. He isn't mobile so he can't get into trouble. He has simple needs and they are easy to meet. I just love my little boy!!! Being a mom is the best thing! I am so grateful that I have this time to watch him grow and learn. He is such a source of joy.

3 comments:

Christina Muhlestein said...

Those are such cute pictures! It looked like such a fun day. Thank you for keeping us posted on your life. Checking every ones blogs is the most exciting part of my day so even if you think your life is boring, I think its entertaining.

Elisabeth said...

Maren, you are too cute! I must confess, that your winter looks pretty manageable to me, though. ha ha! I love the picture of Nicholas with the kite string in his hand! It is ADORABLE!!! Also, your grilling makes me want to do some!

Crystal said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I had dreams of doing the same thing this weekend, but while it looked nice outside, it was still to frigid to actually enjoy being out there! I can commiserate with the "I only get out of the house to go grocery shopping". Sometimes too many weeks are like that, but it makes picnic days ever so much better!