Sunday, January 31, 2010

I blame MALWARE!!

I failed to post an update for the past two weeks because my computer came under attack by a lovely virus named Malware that poses as a Microsoft security alert. It downloaded a bunch of naughty links to my computer and would not let us download any virus protection software. We ended up wiping the whole computer and reloading windows. I can't believe how much I depend on my computer for both entertainment and to keep connected with the outside world!! I am so grateful for my computer genius little brother who fixed it for me. He told me he was going to charge me. I offered him my first born child as payment, but he declined.

So to catch up, the highlight of last week was that Joseph's cousin Hyrum took out his endowments in the Dallas Temple, and we were able to attend the session. This was the first time I have been able to go to the Dallas temple since Nicholas was born! I love going to the temple with family because it seems like a little piece of heaven. We all got together for a early dinner at Marylynn's house and had a lot of fun catching up.


The low light of last week was cold weather and a malfunctioning car. Last week was rainy and VERY COLD. On the wettest night the week, I went out visiting teaching. After visiting with this sister, I ran back to the car only to find that it wouldn't start. The battery was completely dead. I had to run back to the house and they got their truck and pushed my car until I could pop the clutch and get it running. They were so kind and even followed me home. I was so thankful especially since I had Nicholas with me. I thought I must have left something on in the car when I was rushing to get Nicholas into the warm house, so I hoped the car would start the next morning. However, it decided it was not going to start again even though I had to take Joseph to the train station because it was too rainy to take his scooter. So I ended up running down the street in my pajamas pushing our car so Joseph could pop the clutch and get it started. I'm sure the neighbors enjoyed the show. That night after determining one of the posts was broken in our battery, Joseph was able to replace the battery and we haven't had a problem since! I love having a handy husband:)



As for this week, it has been pretty boring. Joseph had to study so we didn't do anything fun. He had a big Physiology test on Friday. To celebrate the week being over, we went out to East Buffet. Joseph picked the restaurant because it was a buffet. The place had all you can eat Chinese and Mongolian food. I wasn't too excited about going there. However, when we got there I discovered they had all you can eat crab legs!!! It was a lot of fun and the food was surprisingly good. Another highlight of the week was stake conference down in Duncanville. The major theme of conference was missionary work. They stressed that it is no longer good enough to just be an example. We need to be actively doing missionary work. He said our motto should be, "Ready, Fire, Aim." He says too many people spend too long with the "aiming" part.

Also, since last update. Nicholas is doing much better sleeping in his crib. He typically only gets up once in the night. His bald spot, however, has drastically increased in size.

5 comments:

Michael Muhlestein said...

There is nothing wrong with going bald, Nicholas. I want you to know that it is a fine state of hair.

Ruth said...

Yea for the picture. I'd heard many of the details of the trip, but it's fun to see it too.
Feeling just a little left out. Just a little. :)

Ruth said...

Oh, I forgot to put my other comment about the picture.
Did Nicholas take the picture? Because he's the only one missing in it.

Crystal said...

Clara had a REALLY BAD bald spot for a long time. I guess the bows I always put on her helped out with that, but it stressed me out for a long time. Glad the car fix was an easy one!

Unknown said...

Maren,

You can't give away your first born child. He is my third born grand child and I won't give him up.

Love,

Daddy Muhlestein