Saturday, October 10, 2009

Nicholas James Wells Muhlestein





Nicholas was born at 5:00 pm on Oct. 8, 2009. For those who are interested, here are some more details of his birth. (We'll let the pictures speak for his cuteness!)
Weight: 7 lb. 4 oz.
Length: 20.75"
Name origin:
Nicholas - We like the name and it was also Joseph's great-great..grandfather. (First Muhlestein to join the church!)
James - We like the name and it is prevalent on three of the four parental lines (not very common on the Wells line).
Wells - Continuing the tradition of using the mother's maiden name for the sons.
Muhlestein - It seemed appropriate. We sure want him to be identified with our family!!

Everything went well with both mother and child and the father was okay too. All are home again now and we are adjusting to this new adventure in our lives. Thanks to all who offered their support and prayers and we would be happy to show off the new arrival if you want to come visit us.

8 comments:

Michael Muhlestein said...

I like the name! And he is amazingly cute. Well, done!

Ruth said...

He's really is so cute. I definitely want to go see him.
And I really like the name. Not only because it's a great improvement on some suggestions I heard (though that is also a relief) but also because I just really like the name (well, names) all by itself.
Congratulations to both of you. I'm SO happy for you! :)

Jed & Allison said...

Congrats! I keep telling my wife I want a man-child but she keeps giving girls and telling me it's my fault. I call horse-pucky on that one!

beacon2 said...

We're glad to have details. We found your blog on Jill's blog. Grandpa is not a fount of information so all we knew was that he was a boy. Congratulations on Nicholas James. We miss you and hope you like Texas!

PML said...

He is very cute and I think he looks a little like Joseph, don't you? I love all the meaning and tradition behind his name.

Joe Cressssss said...

Yeah! He's cute. I'm so happy for you guys!

Kat & Joe said...

Congrats once again! Being a parent is great. You will learn soo much. HOpe everything is continuing to go well. Miss you all

Kathryn

Gardner Family said...

Hey Maren....I would love to see the new addition to the family...where r u guys living these days?