Sunday, February 3, 2013

Nicholas the Disciplinarian

Nicholas thinks that if we expect certain results and obedience when we say certain phrases then he should expect the same.  We hear phrases like this a lot. 

Mom, if you lay with me for 15 minutes.  Then I will be proud of you.  If you do not lay with me, then I will not be proud of you.

Here is the deal.  I want to go in your room.  The deal is I go into your room.  Okay, deal Mom.

You need to listen to me. Why are you not listening to me?

You got to keep trying to do what I say.

You have to listen to me, because I'm in charge.  I'm the child and your the parent and I'm in charge.

You got to stay right by me.  You can't leave me.

You have to do MY work.

 It is kind of scary to hear what comes out of his mouth.  It gives insight into what is going on in his little mind.  Sadly, all these phrases get about as much results when they come out of his mouth as they do when they come out of ours.

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

That is SO funny! He is a smart kid!