Monday, June 4, 2012

Memorial Day Tradition

On Memorial day, the Dallas Symphony has a free concert at Flagpole park followed by fireworks.  We have gone all three years since we have been to Texas.  It is the perfect cultural event for children.  You can fly kites while you wait, eat snacks, watch dogs, and dance along with the music.  If your kid still gets anxious to go, you just remind them we have to stay for the fireworks.


Joseph caught Nicholas dancing on film to the music.  He brought it back and showed it to me and the following is the gist of our conversation:

Me (Sarcastically): "Who do you think Nicholas got his great dance moves from?"
Joseph (COMPLETELY Serious): "Well I had a pretty awesome one legged dance in high school, so I think he got his moves from me."
Me (Laughing Hysterically): "It's a good thing I didn't ever see that one legged dance or I might not have married you."
Joseph: "Yeah.  You would have thought I was too cool for you."

Thanks Joseph for always making me laugh!!!  I love that we have known each other for so long.  I can't believe he married me even after knowing me in high school and vice versa.  In all seriousness, thanks Joseph for loving me despite all you know about me!!  I'm especially glad we got married or the world would be without two seriously awesome kids!


1 comment:

Laura, RN said...

Can we have Joseph show us? ; ) That would be seriously awesome. Love you guys! Sorry we missed out this year!