Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Little Turkeys

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We ate dinner down at the church with a bunch of families in our ward. I was glad I didn't have to make a whole thanksgiving dinner. We just brought a vegetable tray, salad, and dessert. Below is a picture of "Pete" our perky vegetable turkey. Nicholas liked him, but not as much as Mama did. Joseph was amused by how big of a kick I got out of arranging the vegetables to look like a turkey.

As a mother, it is my right to put my kids in embarrassing head wear. I have really exercised this right with Lexi. For Thanksgiving, I branched out and included Nicholas. In my defense, he LOVED his turkey hat. I thought I would be lucky to get him to wear it for a couple of pictures. Instead, he wore it to Thanksgiving dinner and slept with it a couple nights. We kept telling him, "Looking good Nicholas." Now when he wears the hat he says, "I'm lookin' good, Mama."






No comments: