Sunday, August 14, 2011

Happy Birthday to Maren!

We celebrated my birthday on Saturday. I was frankly too tired to plan a fun outing. When it came down to it, I just asked for Joseph to watch Nicholas while I cleaned the house. I also requested a nap. I guess I'm showing my age and the fact that I'm in my third trimester. (FYI: I often forget how old I am. I have to ask Joseph how old I'm turning.)

Joseph spent the morning entertaining Nicholas in the backyard. It had rained hard that morning and there were plenty of puddles for Nicholas to explore. Later that day, Joseph came home with flowers. The sweetest part is he had taught Nicholas to say, "Happy Birthday Mama!" It was the first time he had said, "Birthday." (We have been trying to get him to say it for awhile.) This is my first birthday that my offspring could wish me a happy birthday and that was probably my favorite part of my birthday. Dos also kicked a lot in order to say, "Hello."



Nicholas didn't completely understand the whole birthday concept and he did argue with me sometimes that it was Papa's and not Mama's birthday. He did, however, enjoy our Sunday birthday treat of ice cream and berries! I think that was his favorite part of my birthday.

Joseph also made me a wonderful birthday dinner on Sunday. We had fresh caprasi salad from the garden, steak with sauteed mushrooms, and a seafood pasta. There are few things better in life then a good steak with mushrooms.



I also convinced the boys to have a family picture before church. I love how I can get them to do anything I want on my birthday.



Here is Nicholas "singing" happy birthday.


4 comments:

Jillums said...

Happy Birthday, Maren! I hope it was a great day. When is #2 due?

Maren said...

October 28th

Tatia said...

Happy Birthday, Maren! I wish I had known! I hope it was a great day for you! It looks like it was! What a darling family you have and I can hardly wait for your little girl to join you in October!

Meece said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday, you deserve it!