Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Crooked Z

I know many were wondering what would become of Joseph's much loved 2-wheeled transportation after he sold his little Yamaha and his Honda Rebel. You need wonder no longer, as I am now the proud owner of a brand new 150cc scooter. There are a myriad of opinions on the low-priced Chinese scooters that are on the market. The general feeling as that they are probably of inferior quality to the Japanese/Taiwanese/European scooters out there, but that they are still of reasonable quality. As I have had some poor luck with the reliability of my used Japanese bikes, I decided I would try out a Chinese scooter which I bought brand new for a very comparable price to my other used bikes. So far I have loved it. It is easy to drive, comfortable to ride, looks great, and sips gasoline. The only negative so far has been the extreme inaccuracy of the speedometer. However, it has been consistently inaccurate, so once I figure out the right offset at a given speed, it isn't a big deal. I'll try and keep you posted on how it goes.










As a side note, the spacing on the license plate holes is too big for the Texas plates, so I put it on crooked. It has since been dubbed the "Crooked Z" in honor of this quirk and because it sounds like a ranches brand name which seemed Texas appropriate.

4 comments:

~*Jen*~ said...

That settles it! I'm so going to buy you a cattle brander with a "Crooked Z"! LOL ;)

Elisabeth said...

Congratulations on your beautiful bike! It looks great! And now you have everything you could ever want! (except for Elisabeth to come and visit you)

Elisabeth said...

I have another comment. I think that motorcycles are great little toys, but I want to see pictures of Maren's belly which is full of a little boy! (Did you see how well I rhymed?!

SOULES ON FIRE said...

Everything is bigger in Texas!